Saturday, February 15, 2014

Britax B-Ready- A few Issues, Overall a great stroller

First I'll outline the negatives about the stroller (and this is of course my opinion):

1. It's bulky/heavy. If you plan to be pushing it up hills, you'll get quite a workout. I didn't mind it too much as I'm using it as a double stroller, and most doubles are going to be heavy with both kids in their seats.

2. It was a little more difficult to fold/unfold than I had hoped. It gets easier with practice, but they definitely make it look a little too easy in the demonstration video.



Read More

3. When folded up with the second seat attached, when you fold it up, the second seat's canopy drags on the ground, so you have to make sure to watch that so it doesn't get dirty.
4. I wish the canopy was adjustable, but this is a minor complaint.

5. With the car seat attached underneath, if you're a taller parent you are probably going to kick it. I'm 5'5" and had absolutely no issues kicking it with any of the configurations, but I'd imagine if you were 5'8" or taller you could have some issues. Also, the handle does not telescope outward at all. This would obviously help accommodate taller parents, but I think adding too much length to the handle could cause some instability. Maybe they'll find a way to make it work in the future.

6. The cup holder is crap. Barely holds any weight without dipping or looking like it's going to fall off.

7. It's pretty wide, but of course it's much more narrow than side by side doubles. If you're looking for a single stroller and never want more kids, this one's probably not the way to go. But if you have two kids, the width is necessary for stability.

8. If you buy the silver B-Ready and silver Chaperone car seat, the two silvers do not exactly match. However I didn't notice this until another reviewer pointed it out. If it really bothers you, order another color.

Now for the positives:

1. Fourteen different configurations. There really is something for everyone here. If you have a newborn and a two-year-old (like me), if you have two two-year-olds, two newborns, a five-year-old and a one-year-old, etc. It all works, and it works very well. I was a little disappointed that with this double decker style, the two children can't face each other, I've seen strollers that use a facing configuration, and it just doesn't work.

2. If one of your children is old enough, he/she can climb into the bottom seat without the stroller falling over (as long as the break is locked). It's very steady.
Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment